ooppsss...sorry bout that.,..just wanted to ask whether u all had heard clone wars coming out on dvd too. and apparently theres some other kiddie animated series about some adventures of the droids or wookies or something,,,,
I have to say that I enjoyed the series very much.
My thoughts & questions in no particular order:
1. It seem to me that the Whiphid Jedi K'Krukh (introduced years ago as the Padawan to Master Lilit Twoseas in the comic "Acts of War") is killed by Grievous, but other sources indicate that he survived until at least very late in the Clone Wars.
2. The planet Nelvaan seems to be a nod to Nelvana, the animation company that produced the Ewoks and Droids TV series in the 80s.
3. I was expection the Nelvaan storyline to be boring, but the final episode made it magnificent! Great to see those Skakoans get what's coming to them in the end, although Anakin's excessive use of violence at the end can be a bit disturbing to the younger viewers.
4. Lots of violence on Clone Troopers. They get skewered and sliced by lightsaber (with visible wound marks), smashed into walls, blown away by ship's turbolasers, and even squished by giant creature's hoof. It seems they sacrifice a lot by being clones whose sole purpose in life is to obey their Jedi Generals and die of the Republic. Makes it much more poignant when THE General Order is transmitted in ROTS.
5. Saesee Tiin has his horns intact, although in the comics running about the same time as this series, his right horn is truncated.
6. Tons of ROTS-created vehicles in action! And the first appearance of Commander Cody! And his entire brigade has jetpacks!!! Awesome!
7. Venator-class Star Destroyer seem to be more of a carrier than a battleship, as seen when its upper spine open up to disgorge ARC-170 starfighters. More internal volume can be used to store vehicles since its ion drives are outside its hull, as opposed to the Imperator-class of the original trilogy.
8. I wonder how the Jedi Generals administrate the fleet and army under their control. It seems that the Jedi lead the attack, unlike real life generals. I would like to see in some manner in the future an Order of Battle for each fleet, and the logistics required to maintain one in the war.
Addendum: 9. I was quite disappointed with the short vignette on Kashyyyk. That was it? Just a tiny introduction to the big battle we'll be having in ROTS? I thought they would follow it up later in the series but I guess just the advance of the Separatist transports as seen by an adult and a child Wookiee is all they're giving is for now.
after watching volume 2, i find it interesting that the animators gave some tribute to the classic lines from the OT. lines like "impressive, most impressive" and "what a new smell you've discovered" among others. i'm sure any fan would have spotted that too.
also, I think there's going to be some backstory as to how Anakin got the scar on his right eye. came like a little surprise that they didn't explain it in the series.